Doctor insights on:
Untreated Dry Socket
No dry socket, but DR put medpack in just in case. Told its ok to leave in next 4 dys. Is this OK? Will it hurt when removed Monday? It hurt going in.
Unknown: The cause of dry socket is not completely known. The general hypothesis used are: bone tissue that's been traumatized during the extraction and tissue activators that cause the blood clot to disintegrate. The lack of blood clot in socket and exposed alveolar bone is a factor not a cause. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Better option: Is to see your dentist as soon as possible for several reasons. First- you want to ensure that there is no infection present. Second-dentist can apply medication so that pain relief is simple and quick and will promote faster healing. Third- why suffer unnecessarily when this type of post operative treatment is generally at no cost to you as part of follow up care? Finally (see comment) -->. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i get a dry socket 6 days after my tooth was pulled?
- Is it normal for the medicine pack for a dry socket to fall out?
- Can you drink alcohol with a dry socket?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a dry socket heal on its own?
- Can you get a dry socket after a week?
- Can you get dry socket after 2 weeks?
- Early signs of dry socket
- Talk to a dentist online for free