Doctor insights on:
Abscess is a condition in which a person has an infection in a part of his body, and the infection is being surrounded and fought off by his white blood cells, causing a lump of purulent whitish thick material (pus) where the infection is. Abscesses can be very small like an acne pustule, or they can be ...Read more
A lengthy time: Many dental abscesses are sometimes present for years before being discovered. That is because they have established drainage somewhere. They are still active, but not necessarily symptomatic. They should always be treated asap, though. They are always a source of potential harm if left untreated. ...Read more
Yes: Neck infections can be life-threatening if left untreated. ...Read more
Get treatment ASAP: An abcessed tooth is an infection. It is important to get infections treated quickly. An untreated infection can progress and get more painful, more swelling, and spread thru the rest of your body. An untreated infections can cause very serious infections and serious medical problems. Don't wait. Get to a dentist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can a pilonidal abscess be left untreated for several months (until the surgery)? Or I should be treated with antibiotics?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Untreated skin abscess
- If an abscess in neck is left untreated can you die
- Abscess left untreated
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i pop a breast abscess?
- Can an abscessed tooth cause neck and ear pain?
- Can i just pop a dental abscess on my own?
- Can an abscessed tooth cause a numbness sensation in your head and face?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free