Doctor insights on:
Universal Precautions Prevent Pathogens
Yes: If it involves procedures resulting in possible spills of body fluids or contact with blood. ...Read more
Precautions: Universal precautions are measures taken in heath care facilities to prevent spread of infection from person to person. Use of barriers like, gowns, masks, gloves and goggles will prevent from coming into contact with bodily fluids such as blood semen, secretions etc. Also hand washing between seeing patients is also important. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Clean: If preparing and injecting yourself, you don't really have to worry about infecting yourself. However, you should clean the injection site with alcohol (and let it dry - do not wave your hand over it or blow on it to dry it faster) before you inject. This will prevent any bacteria on the skin from penetrating into your body. ...Read more
Depends on disease: I'm not sure if you have a particular disease in mind, but in general eating healthy foods, exercising, not smoking, and getting recommended vaccines and screening tests work the best. A good resource for proven prevention strategies is the iphone app called my health checklist 2012. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you use universal precautions to prevent the spread of pathogens?
- Bloodborne pathogens universal precautions
- Universal precautions
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Universal precautions massage therapy
- Universal precaution hiv
- Safety precautions prevent accidents house
- What precaution taken for prevent nightfall?
- Talk to a occupational medicine specialist online for free