24/7 immediate doctors consults via video or text chat for advice, prescriptions, and referralsTry it free now!
Doctor insights on:
Unconsciousness is a state of being unresponsive to stimuli, and unaware. People who faint are temporarily unconscious, and people in a coma are in a long-term state of unconsciousness.
Call 911: Not sure what scenario you are describing but an unconscious person with a nosebleed warrants EMS to figure things out. ...Read more
If patient has been unconscious for 3 days without being treated, will patient come out to the coma? She was found 3 1/2 days later....
Unclear: There is no definitive answer, as there are very many mitigating factors. In and of itself, it is possible to recover from a coma. Recovery mostly depends on what caused the coma and if damage (if any detectable damage) is reversible. Speak honestly and openly with your medical team, they should do the same in answering your questions. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Should paramedics ask family about dnr status before treating when called to the home of unconscious 92 yo person?
Yes: If patient is dnr, they should not have been called in the first place, and they should not provide heroic measures. ...Read more
What do you suggest if my sister has high BP and diabetics and last summer she fell unconscious. after so much treatment, she is stil?
See specialist: as current MD should have been successful by now, IF YOUR SISTER HAS BEEN FOLLOWING MDs instructions/ medications ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long can you stop breathing before you become unconscious?
- What exactly does it take to fall unconscious?
- Home remedies for unconsciousness
- Head injury unconscious will
- Stop breathing unconscious
- How to treat unconscious hypoglycemic patient?
- What can you do when someone is unconscious and has a spinal injury?
- How to move an unconscious obese patient emt?
- Nursing diagnosis for unconscious patient