Doctor insights on:
Uncircumcised Men And Yeast Infections
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
My husband is uncircumcised and has a yeast infection. Is he able to use monistat? Or is there anything he can do to help get rid of it?
My boyfriend used Monistat n I used diflucan. He's uncircumcised. Do you know how I contracted another yeast infection ?
Recurrent yeast: Vaginal yeasts are rarely acquired from other persons. Yeasts are normal in our intestines and often in the vagina. New yeast symptoms are not from a new infection, but because your own natural yeast has grown to increased numbers and/or the body is having an allergy-like reaction to it. If symptoms recur frequently, talk with your doc about preventing them with a diflucan dose once a week. ...Read more
Possible: If the male is circumcised, it would be difficult to contract a yeast infection since the environment for such is so altered as to not allow it. It would be a rare ocurrence and special situation for this. However, if uncircumcised, there is the right mileu for this with the foreskin covering the glans, being moist, warm and dark so it can happen. Usually it will not with normal hygiene. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See answer: Yeast infections are not considered sexually transmitted infections. Although yeast infections may spread from one sexual partner to the other, it's rare and in vast majority of women who have recurrent yeast infections, it has nothing to do with male partner, yeast infections primarily occur in uncircumcised men and common in diabetics. Proper hygiene and topical/oral antifungals used to treat. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can uncircumcised men get yeast infections?
- Can men contact yeast infections from a women and if so what arw the symptoms?
- Yeast infection uncircumcised men
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can yeast infection and urine infection affect the pregnancy test results?
- Yeast infection and swollen glands in groin just one problem or two disorders
- Clotrimazole and betamethasone dipropionate cream uses yeast infection
- Cold sores and yeast infection
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free