24/7 immediate doctors consults via video or text chat for advice, prescriptions, and referralsTry it free now!
Doctor insights on:
Umbilical Cord Attached To Membrane
Had 20 week ultrasound. Midwife reported umbilical cord attached to the membrane of placenta. Is this serious?
Heard it's beneficial to leave the umbilical cord attached to baby for 3 to 5 min so blood can go back to baby. True, benefits to doing this? dangers?
Maybe,maybenot: The idea is there is baby blood in the placenta & it is a good source of iron. Babies don't make much new blood in the first months so their level starts out higher than adults to begin with & normally falls as baby grows. The problem with this move is you can let too much blood go across & babies blood will be too thick & could lead to kidney damage or stroke. I'd avoid it. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Does it matter how long the umbilical cord on a new born is attached before it is cut off ? Are there pros to having it stay on longer?
When should the umbilical cord stump fall off? My baby is 15 days old and it's still firmly attached. I'm starting to worry it won't ever fall off.
In miscarriage, if amniotic sac attached with placenta passed in discharge, can umbilical cord also be visible?
PictureWorth1000Wrds: Belly button pain is usually due to a hernia or an infection at the umbilicus. Is the pinch worse w/exercise or exertion? Can you see or feel a little lump at or next to the belly button? Does it look more like an "out-y"? Is there any renders or drainage? Best bet-make an appointment to see a primary care doctor for definitive diagnosis. Good luck! ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Not at all: Umbilical cords do not have nerves.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Umbilical cord attached to side of placenta
- Umbilical cord not attached to placenta
- Umbilical cord attached to
- What to do if umbilical cord falls off early?
- What to do if umbilical cord doesnt fall off in 3 weeks?
- What to do when the umbilical cord is falls off and cracked and bleeding?
- Umbilical cord attachment to placenta
- Umbilical cord still attached
- Talk to a pediatrician online for free