Doctor insights on:
Ultrasound Shows Polyhydramnios
I have polyhydramnios, the baby measures three weeks ahead on ultrasound and baby has fluid around its heart. Are any of these related?
The sonogram is a test that looks at body organs with no radiation. It uses sound waves and can give us a 2 dimensional view of organs such as the kidney, liver, heart, and lungs. It can define spaces that are either solid or full of fluid. I can also guide large needles into an organ or near the spine, and can help define the area being cut open. Its a ...Read more
What to do if I'm 35 weeks pregnant and my ultrasound says mild polyhydramnios with bilateral fetal dilated renal calyces?
Talk to your doctor: Depending on other clinical factors, mild polyhydramnios and mild dilated calyces may be within normal limits, but could be markers for a high risk delivery and underlying fetal problems. This cannot be answered in a forum. Your doctor needs to evaluate all the parameters. ...Read more
Polyhdramnios: Is a medical condition describing an excess of amniotic fluid in the amniotic sac. It is seen in about 1% of pregnancies. it is typically diagnosed when the amniotic fluid index (afi) is greater than 24 cm. there are two clinical varieties of polyhydramnios: chronic polyhydramnios where excess amniotic fluid accumulates gradually acute polyhydramnios quickly accumulates. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many things: Polyhydramnios (too much amniotic fluid around the fetus) may happen for several reasons. The most common reason is that the mother has gestational diabetes. Anything that prevents a fetus from swallowing amniotic fluid can also cause polyhydramnios, including structural problems in the baby's mouth or throat or stomach, or muscular or neurologic problems. We never find the cause of some cases. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does a ct or ultrasound always show kidney stones?
- Ultrasound of swollen lymph nodes in neck what will it show
- What is the red and blue that shows up on a thyroid ultrasound?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will kidney stones show up on ultrasound
- What does ultrasound of throat show?
- Can a ultrasound show that you aee pregnant at 2 weeks and 5 days?
- Would an abdominal ultrasound show if you are pregnant
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online