Doctor insights on:
Types Of Joints In The Skeletal System
- 17, about to become programmer
- joint pain
- esp. In my distal interphalangeal joints
- pain worse at typing
- can any stretching help? What to do?
Conservative care: Start by taking breaks throughout the day, and also regularly work on gentle range of motion throughout the day. There are topical and oral anti-inflammatory medications that may help, although i would not recommend chronic use of oral anti-inflammatory meds. Consider using voice recognition technology if that is an option. ...Read more
See below: Rest and stretching are 2 important ways. ...Read more
Pain in hand joints, they pop a lot, and hurt worse when typing, could this be RA or OA? The NSAID I'm on is not curing the pain. Thanks! :)
Metastatic lesions: Tumors of adults that spread to the skeletal system are the ones most frequently encountered. This is seen in metastatic lung, breast and other solid tumors. Primary tumors do arise in younger individuals such as Ewing Sarcoma, Chondrosarcoma and Osteogenic Sarcoma. Other lesions such as multiple myeloma can frequently be seen as lesions involving large areas of the skeletal system. ...Read more
Metastases: When cancer involves the bones, it's most often a metastasis from another place. Prostate, lung, breast, and others love to go to the bone. You can also have bone marrow cancers like myeloma or lymphoma that ultimately affect the bone itself and most rarely, primary cancers of the skeletal system like osteosarcoma or chondrosarcoma. Those 2 are quite uncommon. ...Read more
I have slap cheek.It has been affecting my skeleton in all major joints and spine inparticular.I have slipped a disk in lower back.
No connection: Slapped cheek disease commonly affects children and causes bright red cheeks. For most people, this illness is no worse than a cold. Most children do not need any treatment except for resting and allowing the body to fight the infection. Fever may be controlled with tylenol. Antibiotics will not work because slapped cheek is caused by a virus. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Pivot joints in the skeletal system
- Type of regulation in the endocrine system
- Types of foods that stimulate leptin response in the body
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the common causes of joint pain in a 25 year old patient?
- Which is the most dangerous type of leukemia in adults
- Different types of hormones in the human body
- Short term long term effects of exercise on the skeletal system
- Different types of joints in the skeletal system