Doctor insights on:
Types Of Germs Causing Tonsillitis
Can someone with gangrene that wont take care of it properly cause germs to spread?Ive been going to meetings with her and gotten tonsillitis and stre
Having tonsillitis once every 2/3 months. Don't want surgery cause scare of pain. Does frequent tonsillitis affect the body in anyway in the long term?
If tonsillitis was caused by herpes how long would it take for it (tonsillitis) to present itself after exposure to herpes?
Not a cause: Tonsillitis typically is caused by viruses that cause the common cold, initially. Sometimes, the infection perists and then bacterial infection develops. Herpetic infections in the oral cavity don't typically affect the tonsils. The virus will cause painful vesicles on the lips, palate, oral mucosa, gums and on the skin around the mouth, typically. They can show up 1-26 days after exposure . ...Read more
Tonsils not allergic: Tonsillar tissue is lymphatic in origin and function covered by mucosa. As such the mucosal lining could swell with any acute allergic reaction involving the mouth. However, I am unaware of any allergic reaction that would cause isolated acute tonsillar inflammation (tonsilliitis). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Remedies: For significant sore throat with swollen tonsils / lymph nodes – see physician & get a strep throat test/ culture. If you have strep throat, antibiotic therapy is imperative to prevent future complications. Consider tylenol or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications. Saltwater gargles: mix 1 tsp salt in 8 oz warm water – gargle several times a day. Or gargle with aloe vera juice twice a day. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What type of pathogen causes the common cold?
- What type of bacterial infection will cause blisters in the back of your throat?
- What type of mutation causes down syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What type of pathogen causes chicken pox?
- What type of pathogen causes measles?
- What type of pathogen causes polio?
- Causes of recurrent tonsillitis in adults
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free