Doctor insights on:
Types Of Casts For Fractures
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Please tell me what type of cast would you wear if you fractured your ulna about an inch or two from your elbow?
I got ahairline fracture in my 5th metacarpal, splint is enough in this type or i would prefer cast?
I fractured my hand (brawler's fracture) but do not want to have a cast because I need to type for work. What can I do?
I'm online now. Type your question here.How long will I be in a air boot cast after a trimallelor fracture and surgery?
Might there be any new ways of treating and fixing fractures than using heavy plaster of paris casts?
Need more info: Fractures can be treated by a variety of means and plaster of paris is rarely used now. Currently, fiberglass is more commonly used and is lighter. Also, specialized liners have been developed to allow for water proof casting. Additionally, for some fractures, surgery will allow for a more rapid recovery. ...Read more
Are there any new ways of treating and fixing fractures besides using a heavy plaster of paris casts?
Not usually: More often cam boots are used for immobilization. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Different types of casts for broken bones
- Types of casts for broken wrist
- Types of casts for broken foot
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What type of rehab is best for a hip fracture in an elderly female?
- Types of casts for broken bones
- Types of treatment for fractures
- What is the typical healing time for a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free