Doctor insights on:
Type Will Cause Blisters Throat
Various infections: Strep throat infections sometimes causes blisters in the throat, although most strep throat patients will not have blisters. Causes of throat blisters or throat ulcers are more likely viral, such as coxsackie virus (causes hand foot mouth disease) or herpes virus (causes herpetic stomatitis). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See Doc: A few things. See ent doc.Get a more detailed answer ›
It's a virus: Red blisters or "vesicles" in the back of the throat are usually a virus. A throat infection is called a "pharyngitis." Although a herpes virus can cause viral pharyngitis,, so can a host of other viruses. The symptoms are usually self-limited, but should definitely be considered contagious during the time they are present. Strep infections often present with white discharge, not blisters. ...Read more
I always have blisters on back of throat for a long time now it also looks like throat is bleeding but it's not. What can cause this?
Vague: Need to get to a dr.'s office asap and be evaluated. ...Read more
My throat is bothering me. It doesn't hurt but I have a big blister type spot on the back of it and possibly down my throat.
Child has 1 blister on her throat and was exposed to strep. Could strep cause a blister and slightly red throat?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What type of bacterial infection will cause blisters in the back of your throat?
- What causes blisters in the back of the throat?
- Can strep throat cause blisters in the mouth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Blister-like bumps on the skin
- Different types of blisters
- Red blood blisters in throat
- Strep throat blister
- Talk to a dermatologist online