Doctor insights on:
Type Pains Mold Term Inhalation
Depends on Exposure: Transient exposure to a small amount of mold is likely not significant. Symptoms usually only occur with very high levels of exposure like in an occupational setting. "Silo-unloader's disease" or "grain fever syndrome" has been described in workers exposed to large quantities of fungal material while cleaning silos but illness is typically self limited and workers recover without lung impairment. ...Read more
I just moved back in my house that's been sitting for 2 years. It was full of dusty gray mold. I swept it off the ceiling and inhaled alot. Now i'm co?
Don't know what: Co is! I have no doubt that the mold inhalation did you no good at all but it depends on any symptoms as to what you do about it! ...Read more
Most likely nothing: Mold spores are naturally occurring in our environment, both indoors and outdoors. We likely inhale mold spores frequently with no problems. Inhaling mold spores would only become a problem if there is a high amount, and you had a chronic condition like asthma or severe allergies to molds, then inhaling spores could cause an increase in asthma symptoms like difficulty breathing, cough, wheeze, etc ...Read more
What happens when you inhale mold? Didn't know I was riding in a car for 3 wk 2 hr day w it. Caus bronchit. Took azithro n ammoxi. N inhlr will I b ok
IN MY OPINION: NONE! The "neurotoxicity" of common molds is absolute NONSENSE! Furthermore the molds affecting normal foodstuffs are NOT AIRBORN! Furthermore the evidence for neurotoxic molds OF ANY KIND is DOUBTFUL ALLERGY YES NEUROTOXIC NONSENSE Again MY OPINION ONLY! Doctor Z ...Read more
No: One small inhalant exposure to bread mold should not cause any long term symptoms or illness. ...Read more
How long after inhaling mold (that grows in damp basement walls), do you start feeling the symptoms?
No guarantee: There is no guarantee that one would get sick from such an exposure. There is a lot at play here, including the strength of your immune system. One cannot predict infection or illness. ...Read more
What are the health hazards of inhaling mold? I always wear a mask at work when a house i work in is moldy, i was just curious of the risk factors.
It depends: on the frequency, duration, volume of mold and your medical conditions. Mold is very common and inhaling it for a few minutes is not harmful. However, exposure for months to years can be harmful. There are tests in the blood to see if it is affecting you. A chest xray is a basic test for diagnosis. Having diabtets or other immune disorders can aggravate it. Please consult your primary doctor ...Read more
Last year i started to have chest pain , it can be a stabbing pain or a heavy, squeezing pain.It may be because i inhaled mold. What is wrong with me?
Almost never: In particular, I do not believe that inhaling common mold is a serious cancer risk. If it were, we'd probably all be sick by now. The body clears these spores readily on the mucociliary elevator. Some people are allergic and this can be troublesome, but as a risk for death, don't worry yourself. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Exceptionally rare: This would entail a systemic(as in throughout the body) spread of a fungus through an inhalation mechanism. It could happen but again would be exceptionally rare. Expect a respiratory mold exposure to cause more so respiratory, allergic or nonspecific symptoms like headache/fatigue. ...Read more
Maybe: Technically, a chest x-ray would not detect small amounts of inhaled mold. There are, however, many lung conditions that can develop from prolonged exposure to different types of mold, and a chest x-ray may detect the changes in the lungs that occur with these conditions. A high resolution chest ct scan would be even better for detecting much earlier changes of these conditions. ...Read more
Talk with U Physian: And see what he suggest.Get a more detailed answer ›
Just found out I have serious mold and have been inhaling it for 3 months. My tongue is yellow could this be from me breathing in the mold?
No: Yellow tongue is more likely related to dehydration, food stuff or in some cases smoking. Mold can cause health problems, but not all mold is the same and people have varying sensitivity. A good step is to evaluate the home for structural causes for mold growth and remove the problem (and the mold). ...Read more
Can you get sick from inhaling white mold from Orange juice and dish soap in hookah pipe for six months?
Idk how long the mold was there for. But quit
Mold: If it is 6 months and to date have not developed sinus or pulmonary ills like sinusitis, cough, shortness of breath , pneumonia, the probability of having been infected is low. There are many unknowns-what was the white stuff ?, if absolutely worried CXR. CT sinuses would tell you if lurking infection. Wash all equipment before and after use with hibiclens. let dry f/u w/ doc ...Read more
Do inhaled corticosteroids increase susceptibility to fungal/bacterial resp. infections (besides candida)? Environmental mold, or healthcare exposure?
I inhaled mold and i'm curious if mold spores can cause damage to my lungs if i inhale daily. Can immune system handle it or i will get infection ?
Depends: Mold spores are in the air everywhere. It depends on what type of mold, how much and if you have any existing lung disorder. A normal immune system can usually handle mold spores, but allergic reactions may occur with normal immune system. If you have any respiratory symptoms, it would be prudent to see your doctor. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, low fat milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. ...Read more
Accidently inhaled several deep breaths of isopropyl alcohol when getting orthodontic retainer mold. Have i killed brain cells? What damage was done?
No damage: First of all a few breaths of isopropyl alcohol once inn your life is not going to do any damage. Second, orthodontists do not use alcohol-based impression materials. They're made of other chemical compounds, so i doubt it was alcohol that you inhaled. Glad your braces are off--wear your retainers as directed. ...Read moreSee 4 more doctor answers