Doctor insights on:
Myringotomy describes the surgical procedure to make a small incision in the ear drum (tympanic membrane), creating a hole to help relieve abnormal pressure in the middle ear and also allow for the drainage of fluid, pus or blood that has accumulated in the middle ear. Ear tubes (ventilating tubes) may be inserted and left in place afterwards to facilitate air exchange ...Read more
I have a tympanostomy tube & i wear a hearing aid, all the conditions for fungi growth is there & i had it twice, what the best i can do to avoid it?
Ear fungus: Because the ear is a dark, warm, moist place , it offers an ideal environment for fungi to thrive. The hearing aid occludes the canal and makes the problem worse. Keep the hearing aids out at night to ventilate the ears - keep your ears dry. Make sure you disinfect your hearing aid daily. Use an antiseptic product that's compatible with your hearing aid. Check with your audiologist or ent. ...Read more
Tympanostomy is a medical procedure in which a small tube is inserted into the eardrum. This tube helps drain fluid collection in the middle ear and keeps the ear well aerated. Insertion of tympanostomy tubes is one of the most common surgical procedures performed on children in the US. Frequent ear infections is ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Swimming with a cough
- Can you go swimming if you have ringworm?
- Why do i have to urinate so much after swimming?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it ok to go swimming with a cold sore?
- Swimming in cold water while pregnant
- Can i go swimming without using a tampon?
- Child with pneumonia go swimming
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online