Doctor insights on:
Twitching Before Going To Sleep Healthy
I was trying to get sleep & randomly felt a twitch from my upper back to upper part of my arms which woke me up..is that common to get twitches before going to sleep?
Usually normal: Yes, happens often as you pass through stages of sleep, and is normal. Tho usually it's the sleep partner who complains; the sleeper stays asleep, but sometimes it does wakes them. Reading my toddler to sleep, when she twitches, I know she's out and I can go back to my reality show. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What if different parts of my body will all twitch right before I go to sleep? What could that be?
Why do you twitch in bed, when your about to go to sleep? Not just before.. But when your still awake in bed? Leg and arm twitches
Woke up randomly to use bathroom. Before going to bathroom, notice two fingers twitched & felt a tingle. Had trouble sleeping & have anxiety . Ideas?
Probably benign: Most normal people have had "sleep starts", a sudden jerk of the body, when falling asleep, or when aroused. This is worse when sleep deprived. Repeated movements of the legs is periodic leg movements of sleep, a variation of restless legs syndrome. This can make the legs and feet twitch hundreds of times in the night; it can be easily treated by prescription medication. ...Read more
Hi. Woke up , tried to go back to sleep , turned neck other way & it felt like it twitched or jerked a bit ,
then went away , what was that?
Normal: We all have those as we fall asleep and wake up.Those jerks are more than likely myoclonic spasms. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you eat sardines before you go to sleep?
- Drinking water before going to sleep
- My baby twitches before he dose of to sleep
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is it important to drink water before you go to sleep?
- Anxiety before going to sleep
- Going to sleep after hitting your head
- Why do my legs ache when i go to sleep?
- Talk to a neurologist online