Doctor insights on:
Tums Warnings And Recalls
C MD: Find out what the problem is; could be esophagitis (inflamed foodpipe), stomach or duodennal inflammation or ulcer, or bigger problem. Antacids like maalox (aluminum/magnesium hydroxide), or peptobismol (bismuth subsalicylate) may help. Stronger meds loke Omeprazole (prilosec otc) may help. Don't use for more than 2 wks w/o seeing md to make sure not a serious problem. Cut out coffee, spicy food. ...Read more
Max dose for Tums 1000mg is 7 tabs per day for not more than 2 weeks at max. Is it ok if one takes it for months or years but just 1 to 2 tabs per day?
You may take antacids with your medication. It would be prudent to inform your doctor of all the medications, including over the counter and herbals that you take, preferably before taking those.
For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form.
Practice safe sex.
Get HPV vaccine. ...Read more
Not likely toxic:
A good number to keep at hand is the national poison control number : 1-800-222-1222
the above ingestion is unlikely to bother a 7yo, but you can get specific guidance by talking with the poison control center staff. Do not induce vomiting. ...Read more
! 2 tums will pass. Drink plenty of water. How tall are you? Unless you are more than 6 feet tall, you are probably overweight. The sooner you address your weight issue the better, You need to reduce your intake of food and increase physical activity - easier said than done.
For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form.
Practice safe sex. ...Read more
Hi, My 8 year old boy is passing stools way more often than he usually does, since over a week now. His stools are hard. Tum and bottom pain too.?
Constipation will: Require significant treatment to improve, especially if it has been ongoing for a while. Sometimes with chronic constipation, one can have incomplete impaction of stool such that there is some stool that passes "around" the point of impaction and you end up having bowel movements, but still constipated. Drink lots of water, take some stool softeners, and use digital or suppository rectal stim. ...Read more
Had this pain in my tummy for 2 day now and its travelling around the side of my tummy and the first day I got the pain it was at the bottom of my tum?
Exam needed: Two days of ongoing abdominal pain is concerning and should be evaluated by a physician. More description of your discomfort is needed but inflammation of appendix, gall bladder, pelvic organs, colon are possibilities. Your physician will examine you and then order appropriate tests needed to make a diagnosis. ...Read more
Startd liquid diet 8 day ago lost 1 stone only ate bit of soup yday and wen I went to eat some soup 2day my tum hurt & I felt sick what's wrong with me?
For your abdominal muscles focus on things like planks (and all the variants), also crunches. For your thighs, this would be exercises like squats and lunges.
Check out these sites:
http://greatist. Com/move/lunge-variations-you-need-to-know ...Read more
Nexium and tums are 2 different medications. Perhaps it would be best for you to take Nexium before, and tums later if the problem persists.
Best wishes. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Flovent warnings and recalls
- How does peer pressure cause youth violence?
- Reasons for baby holding head and crying
- How come a cut on your hand can cause dizziness?
- Why do patients with some viruses have night sweats?
- Why is mucus coming out of my mouth in balls?
- How barometric pressure changes affect health pain?
- Medicine for sour burp and loose motion
- How to get a cold and fever to miss school?
- Home remedies for bone spears in mouth
- What happens if you burp when you got food in your mouth?
- Migraine cause an ear clogged and know i have and echo in ear
- Will a sinus problem cause goofy feeling in head and balance
- Is there a treatment for the hissing sound that i constant hear?
- I suffer from cluster headaches health insurance will not cover oxygen i have to go to pcp or er doyou know why
- How can i tell if check pressure is heart related?
- Severe pain side of ear while opening mouth and chewing
- Diet for child with sencitive stomach
- Anxiety about separation husband left me
- Sometimes i feel particularly incoherent and have incomplete thoughts is something wrong with my mental health