Doctor insights on:
Tubal Ligation Risks
I had an ablation and tubal ligation 5 years ago. Im considering a tubal reversal.What are my risks and success rate of having a healthy baby?
Probably: In my experience, 80-90% of tubal ligations can be reversed and generally with good results. I respectfully agree with the last answer and most skilled reproductive surgeons have excellent results with ectopic rates of 5% or less and pregnancy rates in the 60-70+% range depending on age. Surgery can be done as an outpatient with an overnight stay. Hope this helps. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I had a tubal ligation 6 months ago but dr didn't tell me what kind of procedure he did and if it was an easy reversal what procd.Do dr use more?
Hard to say: Easiest way to know is ask your doctor or request your operative records. If you had the tubal ligation within days of delivery or during cesarean delivery, the tubes were likely tied and cut. If it was performed later via laparoscopy, then they may have been cauterized (burned), or a clip or ring may have been placed to block the tubes. Procedure choice is highly physician dependent. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends: Success of a tubal ligation reversal depends on three things: 1. Age of the patient. 2. Skill of the surgeon. 3. Length of tubal segments that are remaining. Any one that is considering a reversal of her tubal sterilization needs to find a reproductive surgeon with a lot of experience and expertise with good success rates and especially a low incidence of ectopic pregnancy (less than 5%). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Risk of pregnancy after tubal ligation
- Pregnancy after uterine ablation and tubal ligation
- How long should you wait to have sex after a tubal ligation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are your tubes able to grow back together after so long from a tubal ligation?
- Can you ovulate after tubal ligation?
- How long is the healing process after tubal ligation?
- How long is the wait for sex after tubal ligation?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free