Doctor insights on:
Trochanteric Bursitis Treatment
Yes : If the bursa does not respond to the treatment surgery could a good option. ...Read more
Several are availabl: For acute bursitis, local steroid injection is often curative. When this is not possible or when symptoms are more chronic then using anti-inflammatory medications for short periods of time ( 10-14days) is helpful. In either case, physical therapy modalities may also be helpful to relieve pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is the best treatment for recurring trochanteric bursitis that is irritated after running. Would medical marijuana help?
I was diagnosed with trochanteric bursitis, fai, and si dysf. Would a uterine fib. Tumor cause this pain? And it's treatment?
Pain: Trochanteric bursitis (also called trochanteric pain syndrome) causes discomfort at the side of the leg near the hip. Patients classically complain that they cannot lie on that side without "knifelike" pain. The condition is uncomfortable, but not dangerous in itself. Treatment usually includes anti-inflammatories, sometimes by injection into the painful area. ...Read more
I had trochanteric bursitis last year while training for a marathon. Just started running again. How can I prevent recurrence?
I have trochanteric bursitis in my hip. I also have a very tender indented spot 6-8 inches down my leg. No injury/trauma or redness/swelling concern?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Ischial tuberosity bursitis treatment
- Alternative treatments for trochanteric bursitis
- Gluteal bursitis treatment
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Bilateral trochanteric bursitis
- Lesser trochanteric bursitis
- Greater trochanteric bursitis picture
- Infrapatellar bursitis treatment
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free