Doctor insights on:
Trismus After Wisdom Teeth Removal Is That A Bad Side Effect
Common side effect: After removal of wisdom teeth or undergoing procedures where the mouth is held open, many patients will experience some limited opening due to tightness of the muscles that function to open and close the lower jaw that will generally improve with time and moist heat. In some instances, an infection can also be responsible for limited opening, which would require additional treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Depending on the difficulty in removing your wisdom teeth, your muscles may have had a lot of strain during the surgery. Trismus can be compounded by the procedure itself and administration of the local anesthesia. Warm moist heat to the musculature helps to loosen the muscles. Also, avoid overly "chewy" foods, esp. Gum, until your muscles feel better. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I experiencing an intense amount of trismus after getting my wisdom teeth out. More so on my left side than right. The pain wakes me up in the night and aches all day long. I had my surgery a week ago. Is this normal? What can I do to speed up the recove
Is it bad to have your stitches fall out of your upper mouth on left side after wisdom teeth removal after 3 days?
I have trismus after wisdom teeth extractions hurts like the dickens and can only open mouth about 1 inch
I had my wisdom teeth out last tuesday. I think I might have trismus. What is the best way and most fastest way to treat it?
Reduce swelling: Trismus is usually caused by inflammation due to swelling from the extractions, or, injections from the numbing. Using moist heat, along with an anti inflammatory agent such as ibuprofen, and exercising or forcibly opening and closing the jaw daily will speed the recovery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
1 week after wisdom teeth removal here is still swelling on the bottom left side and today I felt the left 2nd molar wiggling. Is this normal?
Probably, but: Probably OK, but ask to see the oral surgeon for exam to make sure. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bad taste in mouth after wisdom teeth removal
- Is wisdom teeth removal considered a surgery?
- How long is the recovery time after wisdom teeth removal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effects after wisdom teeth removal
- Does wisdom teeth removal make your face narrower after all the swelling is gone?
- From the socket where wisdom tooth removal was done there is a bad taste
- I think my topamax is causing loss of appetite is that a common side effect
- Talk to a dentist online for free