Doctor insights on:
Trichomonas Vulvovaginitis Vaginal Ph
Infection: This is a vaginal infection caused by a flagellate protozoa that is usually caused by trichomonas vaginalis. This infection can occur in men as well. It is sometimes (mostly) obtained by sexual contact. It is easily treated with the appropriate medication. See your doctor to make sure are diagnosed and treated properly. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
The normal ph of a vagina of a reproductive aged female is acidic. Estrogen stimulates the vagina to be thick and moist and this fosters the growth of healthy lactobacilli which causes the ph to be acidic. Sometimes other bacteria grow which changes the ph to basic and causes an odor and irritation. Sometimes probiotics can be taken to support ...Read more
Trichomoniasis: S an std caused by the trichomonas vaginalis parasite. Approximately 70% of people w trichomoniaisis infection are asymptomatic. Men can experience penile discharge, burning after urination, discomfort after ejaculation ; itching/ sensitivity of urethra. A trichomoniasis vaginalis parasitic infection can lead to frothing, greenish-yellow, malodorous vaginal discharge. Women may have pain w. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Highly unlikely: It is a sexually transmitted disease.Get a more detailed answer ›
Several kinds: A high pH usually suggest bacterial vaginosis, trichomonas, or menopause. White blood cells can be a red flag for chlamydia, gonorrhea, or pid but are also commonly found when a BV or trichomonas infection has resulted in vaginal inflammation and excessive discharge. Your doctor can help sort out the exact diagnosis and treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the result of vaginal ph in trichomonas vulvovaginitis?
- What is the result of vaginal ph in candida vulvovaginitis?
- Trichomonas vulvovaginitis vaginal discharge
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to maintain a healthy vaginal ph balance?
- Acidity of vaginal fluid ph
- Trichomonas vulvovaginitis
- Does multiple sexual partners cause trichomonas vulvovaginitis?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free