Doctor insights on:
Treatments For Streptococcus Mutans
Is a group of bacteria that grown in long chains of cocci (round cells). They are classified in part by whether they hemolyze sheep red blood cells completely, partial or not at all. The beta (complete) hemolysis ones are further classified by their capsules and the prototype is group a streptococci, that cause strep throat and rheumatic fever. The Alpha (partial) ...Read more
If streptococcus mutans was found in the blood of a person with bacteremia, how would you determine the cause?
Cause of what?: I do not understand your question. The cause of bacteremia is Strep Mutans unless something else comes up. Strep Mutans is found in many different places, but very commonly in the (human) mouth. You can't get rid of it entirely. It causes tooth decay. It can get into the bloodstream from dental cleaning, aggressive flossing/brushing, or small cracks on the lips or tongues (sometimes unnoticeable). ...Read more
I just received a throat swab result of streptococcus ovis. What is this from? And what are the treatments.
What is the genus species name for streptococcus? What body system does it affect the most/ is there a treatment or cure?
After treatment for streptococcus pneumoniae infection, im wondering do i need to disinfect my home now?
Clean : Doesn't hurt to clean counter tops, tables and door nobs and aeresol the air of the living areas. Same thing a medical assistant does to an exam room inbetween patients. More importantly family and guests should wash hands before eating. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alternative treatments for streptococcus pneumoniae
- Alternative treatments for streptococcus pyogenes
- Treatments for ventricular bigeminy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Treatments for internal hordeolum
- Alternative treatments for umbilical hernia
- Alternative treatments for ureaplasma urealyticum
- Treatments for linear atelectasis
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online