Doctor insights on:
Treatments For Abscess Of Eyelid
I have developed an abscess on my eyebrow/eyelid area. This is 4th abscess 4 mos. The first one was MRSA positive.my eye is swelling shut.What to do?
Abscess: Please seek medical promptly.Get a more detailed answer ›
Abscess is a condition in which a person has an infection in a part of his body, and the infection is being surrounded and fought off by his white blood cells, causing a lump of purulent whitish thick material (pus) where the infection is. Abscesses can be very small like an acne pustule, or they can be ...Read more
Woke with swelling at parotoid, cyst in jaw and abscess above eye. Had abscess drainedlast night in ER. Now swelling going up forehead and into duct, entire eyelid looks red/bruised. Is it normal after this type of procedure for it to look worse before
NormalOrNot-Go Back!: Don't speculate, ambulate (OK, use your car and drive) back to the ER for a re-check. There are too many variables to consider and sort-out via a short text message. That's a serious area of the body and you don't want any complications so go back and get it looked-at. ...Read more
Eyelid abscess I&D today and now the eye bag area is more red, swollen painful I'm on Doxycycline & Erythromycin ointment Is this swelling normal ?
Local heat: Try putting a washcloth under the very warm (not hot) water tap and applying it over the affected lid for 4-5 minutes about 5 times per day for several days. This will usually take care of this. If it persists more than a week, then see your ophthalmologist. ...Read more
Warm compresses: Warm compresses (wash cloth with hot water and hold it on the stye for 5-10 minutes, reheating as needed), or surgical incision and drainage, or steroid have been the only effective treatments demonstrated get rid of a stye. A stye is due to the orifice of an oil gland (mebomian gland) in the eyelid margin becoming inflamed, and not an infection, so antibiotics are not indicated. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is 500 mg of amoxicillin 4 x day for 7 days enough to clear a dental abscess?
- How many milligrams of amoxicillin should i take for an abscess tooth?
- What kind of doctor sees somebody for bartholin abscess or cyst?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Alternative treatments for peritonsillar abscess
- Treatments for scrotal abscess
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of different treatments for hemophilia?
- Oil of oregano for tooth abscess
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free