Doctor insights on:
Treatment Options Spondylosis
Cervical spondylosis: 24 year old lady with a concern about neck pain. You should have a full evaluation by an orthopaedic spine surgeon in clinic. Typically, rest, physical therapy, NSAIDS, ice/heat, modalities, or bracing are used. Other degenerative problems in the cervical spine related to spondylosis require imaging/surgery. See this link: http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic ...Read more
41yo male-pain in back of neck, radiating 2 left shoulder, sometime 2 left hand joint, fingers x10 days; dx cervical spondylosis.best treatment option?
C5-6, C6-7 spondylosis, bone spur. Conservative treatments for 2 years. No relief. Daily neck n shoulder pain. No weakness. Surgery only option?
Treat Spondylosis: If you are talking spondylosis (see part two), you are dealing with a degenerative process, which cannot be reversed. It is treated through medication, exercise, therapy, manipulation, yoga, trigger point injections, and rarely surgery. For most, exercise, therapy, manipulation will control the symptoms, but some treatment will need to continue life long. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Non-operative : Non-operative treatments are usually the first line. These include physical therapy, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines, massage, exercise, traction. When these fail surgery is the next step and can often be very successful at treating radiculopathy or myelopathy. ...Read more
Conservative primary: Spondylosis simply refers to degeneration of the spine. By the age of 40, over half the population shows radiographic evidence of this, regardless of the presence of symptoms. Therefore in essence it is normal for someone of your age to have some "spondylosis." the question is symptomatology. Back or neck pain is treated conservatively primarily. Radiating pain sometimes requires interventio. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are treatment options for diabetes mellitus type 1?
- With blood under nail what are my treatment options
- I have a buckle fracture in my right wrist what are my treatment options
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are natural treatment options for spondylolisthesis?
- Testicular atrophy treatment options
- Tardive dyskinesia treatment options
- Are there other treatment options besides cabergoline for prolactinomas?
- Talk to a neurosurgeon online for free