Doctor insights on:
Treatment Of Lysol Ingestion
Dangerous!: Ethylene glycol is an extremely dangerous poison which can cause death and permanent brain and other organ damage when taken even in small quantities; people who have swallowed this substance often need to be in an intensive care unit. Depending on the timing and the person's condition, he may need his stomach pumped, charcoal to neutralyze the substance, dialysis, and other treatments ...Read more
IN MY OPINION: NONE! The "neurotoxicity" of common molds is absolute NONSENSE! Furthermore the molds affecting normal foodstuffs are NOT AIRBORN! Furthermore the evidence for neurotoxic molds OF ANY KIND is DOUBTFUL ALLERGY YES NEUROTOXIC NONSENSE Again MY OPINION ONLY! Doctor Z ...Read more
Look Here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene_glycol_poisoningGet a more detailed answer ›
What is the etiologic agent, mode of transmission, source of infection, and period of communicable of emphysema?
Metal burden: Burden beause (in theory) it is not enough to poison. We all have metal burden beause of the way that we have built our civilization. Aluminum is one of the toxic metals. ...Read more
Poison control: Please call 1-800-222-1222 anywhere in the United States & it will connect you to your local Poison Control Center. It is a free service & is available 24/7. For those who do not speak English – ask for a translator & a three way call with a translator will follow. Please be ready to tell the person - the exact type of fire extinguisher with brand. ...Read more
Neurologic: Exposure to toluene is often associated with exposure to other volatile organic compounds, e.g., benzene. The major toxicity is neurologic and include behavioral effects, disorders of balance, gait and motor coordination, peripheral nerves and other effects depending on the agents one is exposed to, along with toluene. ...Read more
Is it possible that consuming alcoholic beverages along with possibly infected canned food kill the botulism toxin and reduce the risk of getting sick?
Not recommended: If any suspicion that food is contaminated do not eat it. Usually, that is appreciated visually, by smell and taste. Alcohol may neutralize bacteria, but not their toxins once they get in your system. There is a popular belief that alcohol would help in fighting infections and it may, however would not recommend it against deadly conditions, like botulism. ...Read more
A HBV viral load of 2255. What is the advice in terms of medication, diet and other for full cleansing of the body system?
Carrier state?: That is a low viral load (if it is measured in copies/ml). You may be in a carrier state - your doctor will have to decide that. You will then need to be followed closely and may not need any meds right now.. In the meantime, eat healthy, avoid excessive alcohol/acetaminophen intake. ...Read more
Many and serious: Botulinum toxins should never be injected intravenous. The side effects will be related to where the medication gets to: if it gets to swallowing muscles then swallowing will be a problem, if breathing muscles then breathing will be difficult. In high enough doses it can result in death. If recognized promptly supportive care can be provided until the effect wears off. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It can.: With antibiotics, you run the risk of yeast infections like thrush (as well as vaginal yeast infections). You also strip out good bacteria in your intestines which can take months to replenish, cause diarrhea and nasty infections like c. Diff. And remember, most bronchitis and sinusitis don't need antibiotics! ...Read more