Doctor insights on:
Treatment Of Hyperemesis Gravidarum
Whatever works: We usually start with oral medications. If this doesn't work we move on to rectal suppositories, or dissolving tablets, or IV meds if needed. Difficult cases usually do well with zofran or end up getting admitted for IV fluids, rest, & medications. Make sure you check with your doc to find what works best for you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Whatever works: Unrelenting nausea and vomiting during pregnancy is most common around 10 to 14 weeks gestation. When necessary, it usually responds to IV hydration and antiemetic medications. Keeping yourself well hydrated will help, which can be difficult with persistent nausea and vomiting - keeping the nausea under control with oral medications is important - as dehydration worsens so does the hyperemesis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: The treatment is complicated and involves many things. Starting with change in diet and meals scheduling to treatments with different medication to get vomiting under controll, treatment to hydrate you and balance back your electrolytes. Dont try to treat it on your know, let you doctor manage it. ...Read more
Can I b induce ...im 33 wks prego...with hyperemesis gravidarum....im.stressing out with this condition...
Unlikely: Few physicians would induce a patient at 33 weeks for hyperemesis gravidarum. While the nausea and vomiting can certainly be a debilitating problem there are means of treatment - the ultimate solution may be delivery, 39 weeks should be the goal for the end of your pregnancy. 37 weeks would likely be the minimal gestational age to consider elective delivery depending on the status of the baby. ...Read more
No difference: The definition of hyperemesis is not well defined. Generally if you are not able to tolerate oral intake you need to be evaluated by your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Treatment of pruritus gravidarum
- Treatment of melasma gravidarum
- What is the result of urinalysis ketones in hyperemesis gravidarum?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the result of blood count in hyperemesis gravidarum?
- What is the result of ultrasound for pregnancy in hyperemesis gravidarum?
- Is liver function tests abnormal a symptom of hyperemesis gravidarum?
- Is back pain a symptom of hyperemesis gravidarum?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free