Doctor insights on:
Treatment Of Choking Sensation
What to do if I have asthma, and have been having difficulty breathing, coughing, and a powerful choking sensation. help!!?
Can hyperthyroidism cause inflamed thyroid and cause difficulty swallowing, coughing, and choking sensation?
Yes: Hyperthyroidism can result from inflammation of the thyroid (subacute thyroiditis). There will be pain and swelling of the thyroid that can feel like a sore throat, and cause trouble swallowing. If the thyroid is large enough, you can also have a choking sensation. Treatment for this condition is different than the usual treatment for an overactive thyroid. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Reflux?: Complaints like this can be very well related to reflux. When you lie flat, the acid can come up into your throat. This can cause a cough, phlegm, and the feeling that something is stuck in your throat. One should avoid spicy foods, don't eat less than 2 hours before they lie down, sleep on an incline. If it persists one can try otc reflux meds and see their md. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Get expert help: Many have a very sensitive cough/gag response. Anxiety can certainly trigger it. The key is to effectively manage and prevent the anxiety. If you've tried on your own through various self-help methods, and the anxiety is still occurring, then it's time for expert help. Therapy and/or meds can be very effective. The sooner you address this problem, usually the easier it is to reverse. ...Read more
After having a implanted venous access port placed for chemo i now have a choking sensation, what is going on?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Treatment of tongue burning sensation
- Causes of choking sensation
- Treatment of vein burning sensation
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If you have choking sensation what kind of sickness you have
- What is the best treatment for sensation of fullness of the ear?
- Herbal treatment for sensation of fullness of the ear
- What is the best treatment for mild loss of sensation in the limbs?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online