Doctor insights on:
Treatment Of A Yeast Infection
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Yeast Infection: There is nothing different for male or female yeast infection. Commonly it refers to candida infection, which can be mild eg oral thrush in a baby, or candida in blood or catheter of a seriously ill patient. Other terminology used for yeast infection are: mycosis, fungal/tinea infection, etc. Treatment depends on site, severity and type of species. Your painful urination needs evaluation by md. ...Read more
Here's a list.: These are reasonable choices: Gyne-Lotrimin or Mycelex (clotrimazole) Gynezol or Femstat (butoconazole) Monistat (miconazole nitrate) Vagistat-1 (tioconazole). If your symptoms persist after treatment, you might have the wrong diagnosis, since other disorders can resemble vaginal yeast infection. If symptoms persist, see your doctor. ...Read more
I started treatment for a yeast infection. It has been 2 days and i've noticed that my clitoris is white. It doesn't itch, but is this normal?
I received treatment for a yeast infection 3 dosages for 3 nights I completed treatment today How long before I'm okay? Terconazole 3-day regimen 0.8%
Antifungal: If you have been previously diagnosed by a doctor with a yeast infection then common anti-fungal vaginal remedies include 1 day, 3 days, 7 days regimens ( monistat, Gyne-Lotrimin etc). These all work well just be sure to complete regimen. Please see your doctor for proper diagnosis if this is your first infection. Take care of yourself. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What could be causes of vaginal itching besides an std or a yeast infection?
- Is a systemic yeast infection a side effect of humira?
- How to get rid of a yeast infection without medication?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Describe the features of a yeast infection
- Home treatment of a minor finger infection in a toddler
- Signs of a yeast infection in teenagers
- Home remedies to get rid of a yeast infection around the mouth
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free