Doctor insights on:
Treatment For Ruptured Achilles Tendon
What exactly is a rupture in the Achilles tendon, how is it treated, & what is the treatment time? Is there any kind of physical activity I can do?
Depends how your: ruptured it, and what recommendations your orthopedic surgeon has on the extent of rupture, type of repair needed. Since it involved weight bearing, the recovery will depend on what else is also injured along with this, and not adding more to it. Let your doctor dictate what activity you can do, or not do, so you can have full recovery. It may take a few months to heal,along with physical therapy. ...Read more
If I ruptured my Achilles tendon 3-5 years ago and did not seek medical treatment, would it still be detectable on MRI?
ICD-9 code 727.67: Cpt codes are used for achilles tendon treatment ; cpt: 27650 ( primary repair), 27652 (primary repair with graft); icd codes are used to code the diagnosis in icd-10for an achilles tendon tear that resulted from a traumatic event (such as coming down from a jump shot in basketball), you should report 845.09 (sprains and strains of ankle and foot; ankle. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Any injury is : Possible for everyone. Are you doing something in particular that you are concerned may not be a good idea? ...Read more
Gap and weakness: A gap that you can feel where your achilles should be in the back of your leg/ankle (compare with normal side), and weakness during foot pushoff are signs of a possible rupture. Normally people describe being shot in the back of the leg with an achilles rupture. Further clinical evaluation by an orthopedic surgeon will confirm your suspicion. An MRI is not usually required. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Non surgical treatment for ruptured achilles tendon
- How long does a ruptured achilles tendon take to heal after treatment?
- Partial achilles tendon rupture treatment
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Achilles tendon rupture non surgical treatment
- Treatment for achilles tendon pain
- Treatment for sore achilles tendon
- Recovery time for achilles tendon rupture
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free