Doctor insights on:
Treatment For Orchitis
Both testicles hard and hurt when squeezed gently. I finished treatment for epididymo-orchitis a week ago.
Hard, slightly swollen testicles a week after finishing treatment for epididymo-orchitis. Ultrasound tomorrow, what could this be ?
could be improving: This disease gets better slowly. They want to rescan to make sure it does not look worse. If you pain is getting better... Then hopefully they will see reduction in swelling and other findings. If not they will change treatment. ...Read more
STD-related...?: Fact: all rx for epididymitis or prostatitis is indirect-evidevce-based from continual collection/analysis of available experience because either organ is not directly accessible, especially epididymis. So, demographic info plays key role in deciding which antibiotics to use. Then, focusing on std-related epididymitis is logical. Isolated orchitis is rare, but in being mumps-related. So, how? Ask. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The testicular tissue is destroyed by mumps orchitis. Now what is the treatment about it? N.B. Sperm count is 0% - 3%.
Generally Antibiotic: Orchitis is a painful infection of the testes that may result from infections such as mumps (particularly in adolescents), or sexually transmitted infections like gonorrhea and chlamydia. It may also be caused by viruses. Your doctor can determine the cause of orchitis, and will prescribe an antibiotic, as well as pain control. ...Read more
No home remedies: You need to see a doctor and get antibiotics. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Over the counter treatment for orchitis
- What is treatment for angina?
- What is treatment for croop?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Using erythromycin to treat pink eye
- What is the best treatment for delayed menstrual period?
- What is the best treatment for anal mucus discharge?
- How long does it take for oral prednisone treatment of sciatic nerve?
- Talk to a urologist online for free