Doctor insights on:
Treatment For Gangrene In Bowel
The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travel down the tunnel (esophagus), which connects to the stomach, which then empties into the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum---the three parts of the small intestine (@25 feet). This empties into the colon or large intestine (about 5 feet), which then becomes the sigmoid colon, rectum and out the anus. So, every morsel eaten ...Read more
Gangrene...: Implies death and infection. If the stomach is truly gangrenous, survival is not likely. ...Read more
My mom has develop dry gangrene in toe nails with heavy pain and she could sleep by laying on bed.She seats round the clock.Kindly advice treatment?
The vascular surgeon told my mother she has early stages of gangrene in her foot. What is the treatment?
Gangrene Treatment: If it is in the early stages, then the foot can usually be salvaged, but time is of the essence. The first steps would include assessing the arterial ciruculation of the leg w/ ultrasound, ct scan, or MRI of the arteries. This helps to determine the best treatment approach. Most common therapy: catheterization w/ angioplasty or stenting or surgical bypass of diseases arteries causing the gangrene. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
If your small intestine ruptures, how long does it take for gangrene to set in and take affect? What causes your small intestine to rupture?
My stomach bloats up immediately after eating and I cant sit comfortably . Nine years ago had surgery for gangrene in small intestine?
Gangrene: Is irreversible but to heal above it you need blood supply. In patients with toe gangrene and perfusion pressure of less than 40 mm hg a mid foot amputation, a b-k amputation will fail. With revasculaization even the foot could be salvaged and a mid foot amputation does not require prosthesis. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: I am not aware of any such evidence. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is treatment for a contusion hair line fracture in your knee cap?
- What is the most common treatment for a broken vein in the wrist?
- What is the best treatment for mucus in stool?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for swelling in arch of foot?
- Prednisone in treatment for mononucleosis in adults
- Treatment for stye in eye over-the-counter
- Herbal treatment for protein in urine
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online