Doctor insights on:
Treatment For Farsightedness
No: The prescription need to correct your vision is a function of the physical characteristics of your eye including it's length and the curvature of the cornea. The only things which can correct your vision are glasses, contacts or possibly laser vision correction. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Farsightedness: Some youngsters outgrow farsightedness. Glasses and contact lenses work well. LASIK or PRK can help with lower amounts of farsightedness. Also, the lens of the eye can be removed and replaced with a lens implant that contains the power of the glasses. The procedure is very much like a cataract surgery. These surgical options are probably not covered by your insurance. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not possible: Basing my answer on medical studies and research, it is not possible to cure farsightedness with eye exercises. The problem is that the optical system of the eye is focusing the image behind the retina. Glasses or contacts correct this by refocusing the light. Eye exercises work on the eye muscles around the eye but not on the focusing of light on the retina. ...Read more
A Few: Farsightedness or hyperopia can be treated by a variety of methods. Lasik or prk is the most common way. There is also a temporary treatment called conductive keratoplasty (ck) as well as an implantable contact lens for severe hyperopia. Finally clear lens extraction with lens implantation can be done. See an ophthalmologist to determine which one is best. ...Read more
Not sure there's any: ?Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is treatment for croop?
- What is the best treatment for lumbar lordosis?
- Using erythromycin to treat pink eye
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for anal mucus discharge?
- How long does it take for oral prednisone treatment of sciatic nerve?
- Over the counter treatment for oral thrush
- Treatment for bulky uterus
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free