Doctor insights on:
Is mandelic acid effective at treating acne and whiteheads? How effective is it in comparison to benzoyl peroxide?
Clean and Buff: Clean: start with conservative measures for whiteheads and oily skin. A cleaning routine is necessary. Consider soaps with dead sea salts which provide a drying effect. Benzoyl peroxide is the main stay for topical therapy for acne. It can be purchased over the counter. Keep your hands off your face. Buff: microdermabrasion along with exfoliants. If these measures fail, physician review. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Acne: Wash face w gentle cleanser 2x/day & use oil free products. No oily hair or heavy foundations. Try not to pop pimples. Avoid touching face (cradling chin in hands). Remove makeup before bed. Shower after strenuous exercise. Consider OTC products (salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide). If > mild acne see dermatology. ...Read more
Closed comedones: White heads are known medically as closed comedones. They are blocked follicles that are plugged with keratin and sebum. They appear white because the keratin that plugged them has not been oxidized... After this occurs, they become blackheads, or open comedones. ...Read more
I Shaved A few days ago & bout a day later I got about 4 whiteheads were I shaved at, Do I pop them or let them go away over time.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Whitehead on eyelid
- Treating a sore throat
- Whiteheads (red, raised skin bumps with white tops)
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How effective are steroid creams at treating phimosis?
- Pimple with multiple whiteheads
- How to get rid of whiteheads on eyelids?
- Drinking water quinine good treating inflammation arthritis
- Talk to a dermatologist online