Doctor insights on:
Treating Pneumonia Without Antibiotics
Is the antibiotic that is generally considered to be the best medication for treating hypostatic pneumonia also the best medication for treating sepsis?
Depends: This is a good question. Geographic location plays an important role in these decision. There are different resistance patterns in different communities. Here in chicago, we use the fluoroquinolone class as first line (levaquin or avelox). There are many different options in addition to these. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Yes -- at least 10 days needed. ...Read more
Severe Lung Disease: Acute interstitial pnumonia also called hamman rich syndrome.It is rare severe lung condition that affects otherwise healthy people.There is no known cause and cure these patients are treated in ICU in hospital.And often require ventilation support , steroids are used intravenously and since it is not caused by infecton antibiotics are not usually needed.Often the condition is fatal in 60% of time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mucinex: Yes it should be fine.Get a more detailed answer ›
Not exactly: If your airways are very irritated from coughing the steroid will reduce the inflammation and may reduce the cough reflex you feel due to that irritation. It won't directly improve the lung injury from the pneumonia and it may not work at all - but is worth trying if you are miserable. ...Read more
My 10 year old son was diagnosed with pneumonia last Friday, he has taken his antibiotic for 3 days. He woke up this a.m. with the croup. Related?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you get rid of pneumonia without antibiotics?
- Treating cellulitis without antibiotics
- Treating uti without antibiotics
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Treating mrsa without antibiotics
- Treating sinusitis without antibiotics
- Treating a uti without antibiotics
- How to cure pneumonia without antibiotics?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free