Doctor insights on:
Treating Hepatitis B
Hepatitis b is a viral liver disease. Until vaccines were developed this was a very common cause of hepatitis, and still is in some countries. Hep b is a progressive chronic disease which can lead to cirrhosis and also to cancer of the liver. It is also implicated in the causation ...Read more
Yes: Adefovir does have HBV activity. I had poor experiences in using it as a HIV drug but the dose was higher for HIV so there was more toxicity ...Read more
Depends: If the father passes it to mom, before or during pregnancy, baby can be exposed & get it. If mom is known to have it, there are things the dr can do to try to stop it from passing to baby. After birth, it is unlikely dad would pass it to baby. It is a blood born agent & i don't see what likely blood contact baby will have with dad. Baby should also get the vaccine at birth. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Treating hepatitis a
- Hepatitis b
- Interferon treating hepatitis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is rash a symptom of hepatitis b?
- Is vomiting a symptom of hepatitis b?
- Is jaundice a symptom of hepatitis b?
- Is fever a symptom of hepatitis b?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free