Doctor insights on:
Treated Brucellosis Affected Person Donate Blood Others
An abnormal condition where endometrial tissue, that normally is the lining of the uterus, is located outside the uterus around the tubes, ovaries, or pelvic surface. The displaced tissue, just like the tissue lining the uterus, bleeds during each menstrual cycle. Endometriosis can be very painful, and can result ...Read more
Get better first: Brucellosis has been transmitted by blood transfusion but only, so far as we know, from someone who is still sick with it. One recommendation is a two-year deferral after symptoms resolve with antibiotic treatment; i think that is excessive. The blood bank's medical director will decide. I am pleased that you wish to donate blood. ...Read more
Possibly: Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome causes individuals to have a propensity to develop blood clots. The defect is not in the rbc itself and the syndrome is not considered a malignancy therefore it should be possible to donate blood. Having said that the red cross has the last say. ...Read more
Possibly: Some blood banks consider icthyosis an autoimmune disease and will not accept your blood. Some banks will not accept your blood if you are on accutane, and varying other medications. I disagree with the autoimmune designation so i would suggest checking out your local blood banks policies as these can vary. Theoretically you should be able to donate blood if you meet certain criteria. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not wise: When your body is low on neutrophils you are at increased risk of infection, and this is not a normal state, so it needs evaluated to determine the cause. It may be from some infections, cancers, drug effects, or severe stress. See your dr., get healthy, and then consider donating. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
1 week: 1 week should be enough time.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Person hemolytic anemia donate blood
- Person stops tamoxifen donate blood
- Is it safe for a person with celiac disease to donate blood?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Blood type a can donate to what other types
- How long after a person stops taking tamoxifen can they donate blood?
- Can a person wtih alpha thalassemia trait donate blood?
- Can a person who had dengue hemorrhagic fever donate blood?
- Talk to a transfusion specialist online for free