Doctor insights on:
See physician: Hyperthyroidism, overactive thyroid, when gland produces and secretes excessive amounts of thyroid hormone.Hyperthyroidism is one cause of thyrotoxicosis, hypermetabolic clinical syndrome which occurs withelevated se rum levels of t3 and/or t4.Thyrotoxicosis can occur secondary to inflammation or thyroiditis or taking excessive thyroid hormone. Hyperthyroidism rx by medication or radiation therapy. ...Read more
Thyroid disease: Your thyroid function is intimately linked to the function of your cycles. Hyper or hypo thyroidism will lead to absent ovulation, or anovulatory cycling. This will lead to no cycles, or amenorrhea. Once you correct the underlying problem, your cycles will return to normal. You should be under the care of an endocrinologist. ...Read more
Mostly thyroid: Thyroid disease: graves or toxic nodular goiter; thyroiditis: subacute, post partum, "hashitoxicosis; very rarely thyroid cancer, or pitutary tumor making tsh. Taking too much thyroid hormone (beware of "herbal" supplements. Trophoblastic disease during pregnancy. The diagnosis is usually graves, toxic goiter, or thyroiditis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Transient ischemic attack
- Unspecified transient cerebral ischemia
- What is the difference between hyperthyroidism and thyrotoxicosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can transient ischemic attack tia cause seizures?
- Transient personality disorder
- Pathophysiology of transient ischemic attack
- What is the meaning of transient hypertension?
- Chronic thyroiditis with transient thyrotoxicosis