Doctor insights on:
Transfer Urinary Tract Sex
No: Sexual activity may predispose one of the partners, especially a woman unaccustomed to intercourse, to an infection by the common e coli we all have on board. If a man has a urinary tract infection, it's wise to seek an underlying anatomic defect. Good luck. ...Read more
No: If someone had a klebsiella UTI i would recommend that they hold off on sexual contact until they had received treatment and were improved. Klebsiella is rarely if ever involved in throat or vaginal infections so sexual spread is not a concern. Some asymptomatic transient colonization could occur. ...Read more
Nothing: Generally the bacteria that cause typical urinary tract infections do not cause mouth or throat infections. However make sure they do not have an infection like gonorrhea or chlamydia which can feel like a urinary tract infection but can be transmitted by oral sex. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Honeymoon cystitis: Cystitis after sex is also called honeymoon cystitis. Bacteria colonizing the short urethra in women can be forced up into the bladder during intercourse. The use of a condom does not prevent this. Voiding immediately after intercourse may help. Taking a prophylactic antibiotic such as trimethoprim/sulfa 80/400mg. Or Cipro (ciprofloxacin) 125 mg. After sexual intercourse are usually effective. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Urinary tract infection due to sex on your period
- Urinary tract
- Can a urinary tract infection cause you any pain while having sex?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Urinary tract infecton
- Urinary tract infection urethra
- Urinary tract infection infectious
- Urinary tract infections uti
- Can a guy transfer a urinary tract infection to a woman while having sex?