Doctor insights on:
Toxic Ingestions In Children In Children
Trying to understand. Button batteries are very toxic if ingested. If they are burning holes in tissue wouldn't you see bad symptoms a week post ingestion?
Button batteries: Are considered an emergency. There are several problems from toxicity to erosion through the side of the digestive tract. THese need to be removed immediately following ingeestion. ...Read more
Confused. So, if a baby swallowed a toxic button battery that burnt holes in GI tract, how would it be possible to not see symptoms 1 wk post ingestion?
Not that common: Button batteries are bad because the electric current does cause chemical burns in the GI tract. However, it usually only happens if the button is stuck somewhere. If a button keeps moving around and eventually out the anus, there may be no symptoms. Batteries that don't get stuck in the esophagus (and cause burns) usually pass through without burning any holes, but doctors do follow-up carefully. ...Read more
I'd take packet: And call poison control and follow their direction. Probably no ER if no bleach involved. ...Read more
What happens if u ingest a small piece of plastic (like a sliver from a coffee cover lid)? Is it toxic? How does the body respond? Thanks!
You should expulse: It without much problem.Get a more detailed answer ›
I ingest something toxic ı guess, how can ı throw up? What are the methods vomiting? ı having a hard time with trying vomit.
Toxic ingestion: Some toxic substances hold more damage when vimitted out. You need to seek help from nearest er. ...Read more
Is this still in my blood I inhaled very toxic vapors that caused me to pass out stopped my air intake and caused skin rash and more side effects these were heavy petroleum tank type vapors that a fireman said son you just got poisoned and I see your skin
Probably Not: The further out from the initial injury you are, the more likely that you have removed all these vapors by exhalation. ...Read more
Hyperthyroidism: Inappropriately high thyroid hormone, causes tachyarrhythmias, proptosis, weight loss, feeling hot all the time, etc. The treatments can be medical, radiotherapeutic, or surgical. Despite being a radiation oncologist, I do not know if i-131 treatment is ever used in pediatrics, but I suspect not. ...Read more
Probably not: Not likely. But how did you get in this situation in the first place? Small amounts of polish are not likely to be toxic if only a one -time deal. ...Read more
In some, yes it does: Yes, high sugar intake can genuinely affect some kids this way. If your child is having this kind of trouble, it's worth it to see if staying away from sugar as much as possible, might help. You can also take him or her for an evaluation by a pediatrician -- especially a behavioral pediatrician, or child psychiatrist or psychologist. ...Read more
No: I know of know legit study that backs this up. ...Read more
Toxic shame: Shame is the intensely painful feeling or experience of believing that we're flawed and therefore unworthy of love & belonging. It's "toxic" because it often leads to hiding or withdrawing -- which intensifies it. Other results can be trying to overly please or ingratiate others, or getting aggressive towards others to gain power by shaming them. Guilt = "i did something bad." shame = "i am bad.". ...Read more
Better not be!: You're referring to makeup & not concrete for homes & buildings, right? Either way, I doubt that they're toxic. FDA has domain over cosmetics (http://www. Fda. Gov/Cosmetics/GuidanceRegulation/LawsRegulations/ucm074162.htm) but they don't watch over prior to sales/marketing but rather after the fact for after sales issues. For more specific answer, you'll need to list particular foundation ingredien ...Read more