Doctor insights on:
Total Abdominal Hysterectomy Bilateral Salpingo
I had a exploratory laparotomy, total abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral salpingo oophorectomy in 2009 been getting yearly paps. Do i need to continue?
What is the definition or description of: total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy?
How to evaluate menopause if you undergo total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy?
How to evaluate a patient's need to undergo total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy?
Indications: There are many indications for a total abdominal hysterectomy with removal of both tubes and ovaries. Cancer and precancers are obvious ones. Symptomatic fibroids is another indication. Failed endometrial ablation, prolapse, and endometriosis are other reasons. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How to evaluate when menopause happens in women who undergo total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy?
Ovaries removed?: Hysterectomy is removal of the uterus. If the ovaries and tubes are also removed abdominally, it is called a tahbso (total abdominal hysterectomy bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy). Some women report mood changes after removal of the ovaries especially if they do not receive hormones replacement. ...Read more
Sex after hyst: Hysterectomy removes uterus, so no possibility of pregnancy. If ovaries also removed before menopause, hormone replacement can help with surgical menopause symptoms (dryness, decreased libido, etc). No effect on orgasms. If hysterectomy done for painful condition or one that interferes w/ sex, sex life may improve after healed. Talk w/ surgeon about recovery time - usu 6 wks before penetration ok. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo oophorectomy
- Total hysterectomy bilateral salpingo oophorectomy
- Abdominal hysterectomy bilateral salpingo oophorectomy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Steps of total abdominal hysterectomy
- Total abdominal hysterectomy procedure
- Laparoscopic total abdominal hysterectomy
- Total abdominal hysterectomy surgery
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free