Doctor insights on:
Torn Calf Muscle
It is a body tissue that has the ability to contract. It shortens and generates force. It relaxes and returns to its original length. Muscles move joints, stabilize the body, move air and food through the organs, act as valves for bladder, bowel and other organs. They control movement of the eyes. They help us express ourselves by changing the shape of our ...Read more
Pain, swelling: Usually it occurs secondary to sports such as tennis or basketball you will often feel a pop in the calf and will end up with swelling and difficulty weightbearing on the leg it is important to differentiate a calf injury from and achilles tendon injury which is likely to require surgery. ...Read more
Calf tear: Calf muscle (gastrocnemius) tears are quite common, especially in males in their second, third, and fourth decades--but rarely require surgery. Tears of the achilles tendon which attaches the calf muscle to the heel bone most often require surgery. So if your tear is in the muscle and not in the tendon itself, then conservative treatment should get you back into action in a relatively short orde. ...Read more
How do I treat a torn calf muscle? How will i know I have this? Can this cause a more visible vein & can this be from the treadmill & how does it feel
Any recommendations for a good foot and calf doctor in the san diego area? Feet/achille's tendon rupture and torn calf muscle. Conserve treat no work.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Recovery time torn calf muscle
- What does a torn calf muscle feel like?
- What does a torn calf muscle look like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Torn calf muscle how long to heal
- Signs and symptoms of torn calf muscle
- Torn ligament in calf muscle
- Torn calf muscle blood clot
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free