Doctor insights on:
Too Strong Thyroid Medicine
Thyroid medicine: Your doctor is likely trying to titrate your medicine up and down to get the proper thyroid level. It takes a while (ie 3 months) before you can tell if the medication needs to be increased or decreased. ...Read more
Thyroid Medication: You can notice the effects of thyroid medication within a few days, but you should be experiencing whatever full effect you will get by about six weeks. ...Read more
Need right dose!: Right medicine, wrong dose doesn't help, regardless of condition. Of course, wrong medicine, regardless of dose, is bad. So how do we find right dose for thyroid medicine? Check your tsh. Many docs now recommend aiming for 1-2, not just 4.49 (if "normal" range is 0.45-4.5). However, recent study suggests that a few patients may respond better to desiccated thyroid. Check out http://goo.Gl/h93xxf. ...Read more
Eat healthy high : Calorie foods. Eat 6 meals/day. Work on strength training to build your large muscle groups. Workout w heavier weights w fewer repetitions. Sleep at least 8 to 9 hrs/night. Hydrate well w water. Foods to help w healthy weight gain: almonds, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, walnuts, hummus, avocados, granola, trail mix, dried fruits, extra virgin olive oil, canola oil, protein shakes, . ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Weight thyroid: Thyroid disease whether over active or under active should be treated to normal levels once levels are normal it has no effects on your weight after few months in order to gain weight you can use well balanced foods with good nutritious calories. ...Read more
1 week...: To see noticeable effect; 6 weeks to get full benefit of that new dose. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Side effects of too much thyroid medicine
- Will too much thyroid medicine cause diarrhea
- Can too much thyroid medicine cause high calcium levels?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a stronger medicine than zofran for nausea?
- Thyroid problem and strong urine smell
- Is there a stronger pain medicine than hydrocodone for an ankle arthroscopy?
- How do i know if the therapy is too strong?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free