Doctor insights on:
Tongue Skin Peeling
I have white under my tongue that looks like peeling skin that I think is causing major pain especially to my lower jaw and throat. What could it be?
No: Just leave it alone. It will simply fall off on it's own. If you are worried that the skin is so dry that it may be getting cracked in certain locations (wrists or ankles in particular right after birth), try applying some vasoline or aquaphor ointment. In due time, the old (dead skin) will simply fall off as you bathe your baby and the new skin underneath will be nice and soft. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Happy Skin: Skin is the major protection of our delicate internal tissues from a harsh environment, it is susceptible to injury itself. Sun, shaving and many chemicals are very irritating as well as constant exposure to moisture reduces protective skin oils and sets the skin up for injury. The trick is to apply good protective skin cream frequently and minimize ongoing damage. Clean it using gentle means. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Dead peeling skin on tongue
- The skin on my tongue is peeling
- White peeling skin on tongue
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Skin peeling under tongue
- Skin on tongue peeling
- Why is the skin on my tongue peeling?
- White skin peeling under tongue
- Talk to a dermatologist online