Doctor insights on:
It is normal: The "white stuff" is keratin from the underlying tongue tissue. Also the taste buds in the top part of the tongue are long and "finger-like." the anatomy of the taste buds and this keratin layer can sometimes make the tongue look "hairy." this is completely benign. Scrubbing your tongue is not needed and cause harm. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Topical relief: Orabase is an over the counter topical pain reliever. It works by reducing the swelling, itching, and pain that can occur with mouth sores. Dab or press (do not rub) a small amount of paste onto the area to be treated until the paste sticks and a smooth, slippery film develops. A cotton swab may be used to apply the paste. ...Read more
Strange symptoms I am having this weird tingling/numb feeling in my mouth, gums, cheeks, tongue.. Strange feeling in my teeth. It's hard to describe it exactly. This started three or four days ago. Today, i started smelling strange smells and getting a we
Tongue texture: The term "smooth" is relative. There is a wide range of "normal". It should be not as smooth as glass nor as rough as extra coarse sandpaper. See your own dentist to determine the health and normalcy of your tongue (as well as all your teeth and the rest of the soft tissues of your mouth). ...Read more
Probably not: Not likely. But how did you get in this situation in the first place? Small amounts of polish are not likely to be toxic if only a one -time deal. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do i bite my tongue when im a sleep and the pain wakes me up?
- Small clear bubble under tongue
- Causes of a swollen tongue on one side
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Left-sided tongue pain
- What does it mean if you have an orange tongue?
- Bumps on the back of my tongue and sore throat
- Large raised bumps on back of tongue
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online