Doctor insights on:
Toddler Accidentally Swallowed Ibuprofen Pill
Ibuprofen is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (nsaid). It works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body. Ibuprofen is used to reduce fever and treat pain or inflammation caused by many conditions such as headache, toothache, back pain, arthritis, menstrual ...Read more
Accidentally swallowed a small piece of aluminum foil while eating. I'm a breastfeeding mama. Will this hurt baby?
Foil: Nothing will happen.Get a more detailed answer ›
I accidentally broke an Advil Cold & Sinus (pseudoephedrine/ibuprofen) in half w/ my tooth b4 swallowing it. It was a coated tablet. Will it hurt me?
Not likely but...: drug efficacy and duration, as advertised, may be compromised. ...Read more
My toddler swallowed a 200mg ibuprofen tablet. He vomited immediately and the pill is intact. Will he be ok?
It depends: On your age, weight and a pill's dose.If pill was 325-500 mg it's ok for adult. ...Read more
Finishing off a bag of popcorn I accidentally swallowed a few kurnels.. I'm 13-14 weeks pregnant. Will my baby be ok?
Not a good idea: If a pill is dissolvable then it will say so on the label. Most pills are meant to be swollowed whole. If you have trouble swollowing pills then you can grind it up and put the powder on something you like to eat. If that is a problem...See if there is a liquid form of the medicines you need to take. Or try another medicine that comes in a liquid form. ...Read more
Is it okay to take a Sinus Sudafed (12 hour) coated caplet 120mg/each
DayQuil (cold&idling) non-drowsy (2-liquiCaps)????? I took DayQuil @ 11:30
Accidental ingestion: Before i answer your question, i need to advise you to re-assess your home for its child protectiveness and promise to make it more effective.. Obviously, there must be a fault since your 2 yo ingested a a stray drug. It looks like that was zantac or ranitidine that your child ingested. Provided he is a typical or even heavier 2 yo, that dose may not be toxic. Please be careful from now on. ...Read more
Yes: You should be fine if this was done only once. ...Read more
Nothing: No side effects expected. The real question is how did it happen, and how to prevent it from happening again. ...Read more
I gave my 8 year old a half dose of pepto bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) caplets for an upset stomach is that dose ok for him?
Low: You could use a regular dose with no problems ...Read more
Accidentally inserted infants tylenol (acetaminophen) suppository in 2 year olds vagina. What do I do? It has already dissolved.
Should be okay: Although this medicine is meant for the rectum, i would not expect any major complications from accidental insertion into the vagina. Watch for any sign of irritation or vaginal discharge, and consult your child's doctor if you have any concerns. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unlikely: Just observe him, it would take up to two days to get out of his system completely, its active metabolite is cetirizine, a rather safer antihistamine, although not recommended routinely for his age. If in doubt/concerned call the poison control center in your state for reassurance, go to your doctor /ER if any worrisome symptoms, wish you both wellness ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Accidentally swallowed betadine throat
- Accidentally swallowed betadine gargle
- Accidentally swallowed metal
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Accidentally swallowed a hard piece of candy
- Child accidentally swallowed some neosporin
- Accidentally swallowed a plastic toothpick pick
- What to do if bactidol accidentally swallowed?
- What if toddler swallows ibuprofen?