Doctor insights on:
Tobradex Prescribed For Conjunctivitis
Diagn by ophthalmologist with viral conjunctivitus; He prescribed Maxitrol,been using Tobradex for 5 days(still V red).eithr bad?Much controvrsy?!help
I'm on accutane. I have pink eye and my doctor gave me antibacterial eyedrops tobradex. Can I use tobradex while on accutane?Is there any interaction?
No interaction: Accutane tends to cause a conjunctivitis in susceptible persons. This is not infectious but is red and irritated. While tobradex can be used, you can substitute an anti-allergic drop like over the counter naphcon-a (available in drug store brands) and avoid the cost of tobradex and the tiny risk associated with chronic topical steroid use. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have pink eye from my son. Without insurance temporarily so i used old tobradex that expired last yr. Can't afford to go to doc. Will it work?
Not best choice: Tobradex contains dexamethasone, a steroid that can make some infections worse, while making the user actually feel better. It may be the wrong medicine to use in the case of a viral infection. There is also a chance that the potency of the medicine has diminished to the point if being ineffective.. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Son of 1yr has conjunctivitis in both eyes went to dr 2day ago no drops prescribed just to keep clean, now his eyes are puffing underneath?
Conjunctivitis: Your doctor believes your son has a viral conjunctivitis, sometimes also called pink eye. No need to treat this with antibiotic drops. Artificial tears can be used, but very difficult to give to babies, as they fight getting drops in eyes. Follow doctor's advice for now and contact doctor again if you see yellow pus or eyes turn very red or things don't improve in few days. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Amoxicillin prescribed for conjunctivitis
- Is it okay to drink alcohol while using treatment prescribed for conjunctivitis?
- What is tobradex prescribed for?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Which pain medication is prescribed for relief of a pinched nerve
- What are nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide creams typically prescribed for?
- What dosage of ibuprofen is generally prescribed for sciatica?
- Sea salt eye wash for conjunctivitis
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free