Doctor insights on:
Tips To Spondylolysis
None to pain: The symptoms can range from absolutely none to hamstring tightness, low back pain with or without some radiation to legs. There can be some tingling or parathesias and/or numbness into the legs as well . The hamstring tightness may restrict the lower back range of motion. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Many athletes including gymnasts, football players and dancers have spondylolysis and perform with it for years and decades with no symptoms or intermittent episodes that respond to rest, nsaids, steroid blocks, stabilization training. Staying fit helps the most in diminishing symptoms and the potential for surgery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Spondylolysis refers to a defect in a part of the spine structure called the pars. It is also called a pars defect. Some cases are congenital , others are from trauma and others may be uncertain. Most do not need surgery. The ones that do are associated with significant pain, nerve dysfunction or signs of spine instability ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not all heal and can: Cause recurrent symptoms. This defect is seen in about 6% of people but not all have symptoms while some do and even fewer have recurrent back pain with 10% overall getting surgery for persistent symptoms that fail nonoperative care like exercise and pt, bracing, medication and activity modifications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Tips to get periods immediately
- How to treat calluses on finger tips?
- What are some good tips to get rid of bloated feeling after overeating?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Anyone had any tips to make a lightheaded feeling go away coffee can help
- Tips to reduce back fat
- Tips on how to get pregnant with a boy
- Exercises to reduce nasal tip swelling after rhinoplasty
- Talk to a neurosurgeon online for free