Doctor insights on:
Tips To Spondylolysis
Spine defect: Spondylo means spine and lysis means crack. These can be congenital variety which is genetic in origin occuring in 6% of population or after trauma which can be repetitve particularly in certain high level athletes: swimmers, gymnasts, pitchers, football linemen to name a few. Most are treated non operatively. They will not cause usually anything more than some pain in back & occasionally legs. ...Read more
Spine defect: Spondylo means spine & lysis means crack. These can be congenital variety which is genetic in origin occuring in 6% of the us population or after trauma which can be repetitve particularly in certain high level athletes like swimmers, gymnasts, pitchers, football linemen most are treated non operatively. Chronic means that it is long standing & did not heal but may or may not be symptomatic. ...Read more
Exercise/surgery: Lumbar spondylolysis is a break in the pars interarticularis. It is many times an incidental findings on x-rays of the lumbar spine. Only if you become symptomatic should anything be done. You should try resistive exercises to strengthen your core muscles. Bracing may beneficial. Nsaids may be healthful. Only when symptoms remain after trying & failing conservative care should surgery be your choi. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to spondylolysis?
- Why spondylolysis cannot be cured?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Back exercises for spondylolysis
- Predisposition spondylolysis spondylolisthesis
- Rehab for a gymnast with spondylolysis
- Quality of life spondylolysis
- Talk to a neurosurgeon online for free