Doctor insights on:
I actually tell my: patients to apply it neck down in the shower and leave on for 20 minutes then wash off. They should do that daily for two weeks then the scale should be gone and they can expose their skin to sunlight ( 10 minutes only a day and no burning) which will repigment the skin. If that doesn't work they need topical or oral prescriptions to clear the fungal infection ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is the strongest over-the-counter medication i can get for tinea versicolor because selsun blue medicated does not work for me?
Tinea versicolor: Topical antifungal medications containing 2.5% selenium sulfide are often recommended. Selsun blue doesn't always work, because it only contains 1% selenium sulfide. Preparations containing more than 1% selenium sulfide are considered prescription strength. Ketoconazole ointment or ciclopirox as an alternative suppresses growth of malassezia furfur. Hydrogen peroxide may lessen symptoms. ...Read more
I have tinea versicolor and the schampo selsun does not work at all. I've used it for month's. What should I do?
Third best treatment: Selenium sulfide found in selsun blue kills the fungi (malassezia furfur) that causes tinea versiclolor. Applying the shampoo, letting it dry on for 10 minutes, washing it off, do this daily for 7-10 days may do the trick. Or .... Ask your doctor for a single dose of Fluconazole or ketoconazole and watch your skin clear up. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to use selsun blue for tinea versicolor?
- How to apply selsun blue for tinea versicolor?
- Selsun lotion tinea versicolor
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Selsun blue for skin fungus tinea versicolor
- Selsun blue shampoo tinea versicolor
- Does selsun blue work on tinea versicolor?
- How to treat tinea versicolor with selsun blue?
- Talk to a dermatologist online