Doctor insights on:
Tiger Woods Eye Surgery
< 1/200K cataract: If you mean cataracts? <1 in 200, 000. How many patients went to hospital post op from eye center in last 2 yrs. How many stay after at eye facility > two hours. This will give you an idea of the safety. Worse things than death happen. Avoid a facility with a rate of more than one per 2000 for any answer from above q's. How many get nausea? < 1 per 150 is good. Other surg? Very different #'s. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Too vague: Very vague.Get a more detailed answer ›
Eye Surgery: The actual pre and postop regimen depends on the type of eye surgery you are having. Ask your eye doctor for specific instructions. Make sure you have all your prescribed eye drops before your surgery, pain medication if necessary, and find out what you can or cannot do after surgery. Ask if your head needs to be in a certain position after surgery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
18 or older: Laser vision correction (lasik) is the most common surgery to correct vision. It is approved by the fda for treatment on those who are 18 or over. The reasoning behind this cutoff is that the eye's shape and therefore prescription continue to change until one is about 18. For this reason age and prescription stability are both important prior to having lasik. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pretty quickly: Depending on the surgery, there is little down time. With lasik or cataract surgery, vision is usually stable within 1 week, although it can vary depending on how large the prescription or cataract was before surgery. As well, you can get back to nearly all your activities within a day or so. Other surgeries (retinal or glaucoma) can take longer to recover. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is surgery necessary for a fractured eye socket to heal?
- Eye pain after cataract surgery
- Bloodshot eye after cataract surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How bad do your eyes have to be to get laser eye surgery?
- Fluid behind eye after retinal detachment surgery
- How long does it take to get strabismus surgery for my eye?
- Eye shield after cataract surgery
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free