Doctor insights on:
Thyroid Symbol In Blood Test
Unclear question: What is a "bac reading"? It may help if you spell out your concern. ...Read more
TSH: When a doctor orders a blood test to look at the thyroid and its function, they might order a tsh, which stands for thyroid stimulating hormone. You can also look at T3 and T4 levels, which represent the serum amounts of the products produced by the thyroid and its general activity. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Probably yes: Normal TSH level is less than 5. ...Read more
Can an under active thyroid get better? I stopped taking meds after 4 years. Blood test came back normal! did it heal? No more meds?
Complex answer: Good question. I would want to know: 1. Were you hypothyroid in the first place. 2. What was the cause? Was your neck tender? If you had subacute thyroiditis, you could be transiently hypo and then recover completely. If you had hashimotos, you can have a flair, and then recover, but you will likely become permanently hypo eventually. Don't assume you are permanently better; good follow up. ...Read more
Which thyroid test?: There are many different thyroid tests so your question is impossible to answer. If you are talking about the TSH test (most common) then a high TSH indicates an underactive thyroid. If you are talking about T4 or T3 (free or total) then high levels indicate an overactive thyroid. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Would hashimotos normally be picked up in a blood test checking my thyroid
- What is the abrevation for thyroid in a blood test?
- Can you drink tea in the morning before a fasting blood test?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does alcohol stay in your system blood test?
- How long will nicotine show up in a blood test?
- Can nicotine show up in a blood test?
- Can blood in urine effect pregnancy test?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free