Doctor insights on:
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies
Thyroperoxidase(TPO): The body uses antibodies to attack and remove foreign substances. Useful as an aid in the diagnosis of thyroid autoimmune disorders; differentiating thyroid autoimmune disorders from nonautoimmune goiter or hypothyroidism; as a diagnostic tool in deciding whether to treat a patient who has subclinical hypothyroidism. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Negative result for thyroid peroxidase antibodies tpoab . Necessary to test my thyroglobulin antibodies tgab ?
Anti-thyroglobulin: Studies have shown that 99% of patients with hashimoto's thyroiditis have anti-microsomal antibodies, whereas only about 1/3rd had anti-thyroglobulin antibodies. In addition, 10-20% of persons without thyroid problems have anti-throglobulin antibodies (tg-a). These persons are likely at higher risk for future problems and should be watched more closely however, testing for tg-a is not necessary. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies 274.0
Anti-Thyroglobulin Antibody 164.4
Mean Platelet Volume 9.1
Erythrocyte Sed Rate 26
Estimat Glomerular Filtratio 43?
Yes and no: A positive tpo antibody merely means that you may have hashimoto's disease. The wickham and framingham studies show that people with + abs will eventually get hypothyroid. + abs are also seen in patients with hyperthyroidism due to graves" disease. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Thyroid peroxidase antibodies 1000
- What does high thyroid peroxidase antibodies mean?
- Thyroid peroxidase antibody levels high
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Thyroid peroxidase antibody reference range
- High anti thyroid peroxidase antibodies
- High levels of thyroid peroxidase antibodies
- Thyroid peroxidase tpo antibodies normal range
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free