Doctor insights on:
Thyroid Damaging Foods To Avoid
I have hashimito's thyroidism, hypothyroidism, what foods should I avoid? Am taking T4 50mg during the week, T4 75mg at weekends. Thank you.
Fatige/dry skin/cons: The following symptoms fatigue dry skin constipation unexplained weight gain depression slow heart rate thinning hair heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods muscle weakness hoarseness puffy face constipation thinning hair increase sensitivity to cold impaired memory elevated blood cholesterol level muscle ache and joint pains syptoms get worse if not treated with thyroid hormone. ...Read more
Nothing if treated!: If treated appropriately, you do not have to have any long-term consequences from hyperthyroidism. If left untreated, the most serious concern is a heart problem like rapid or irregular heartbeat. Longstanding hyperthyroidism can cause osteoporosis (fragile bones) and fractures. If untreated, other issues can be psychiatric disease, weight loss, trouble sleeping, or eye disease. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Foods avoid enlarged thyroid goiter
- Foods to avoid prior to a thyroid uptake scan
- Vegetables to avoid for thyroid
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does clenbuterol damage your thyroid?
- Choking strangling cause thyroid damage
- Foods that help nerve damage
- Foods to reverse brain damage
- Foods to avoid with an underactive thyroid